Katrina Networking

I am using my networking and marketing skills to pass along vital information to organizations, volunteers and survivors of the 2005 hurricane season. Grants, networking, advocating, assistance resources, articles and more. Updated regularly to better assist you.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Kiln Volunteer


This is the first item I've gotten about Kiln, so was kind of thrilled about that! I know it sounds odd, but so little information comes out about Kiln, I have no clue how much damage occured or what is needed. Any help in gaining this info is much appreciated.

Leslie


I believe the group I lead down in Hancock County accomplished quite a bit in our short week there. We enjoyed the people we served and the work we accomplished. Some of those in our group thought there should be a search for more volunteers with plumbing and electrical certificates, since a few of those we helped needed that type of work.



I would love to come back and help more. Whether with Mission from Minnesota or on my own. I would like to have information, if you have it, on where one could stay if they have limited funds, but can get themselves there to give their time and work. I know a few people who would love to help, but do not have much money.

I was suprised at the needs of the community, I was not sure what to expect, since the first time I came down, I was in New Orleans over Thanksgiving. The two areas have different, yet similar needs. All those in my group said they would love to volunteer again. I hope that jobs become more readily available locally. I hope to return in the near future.

AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home