Katrina Networking

I am using my networking and marketing skills to pass along vital information to organizations, volunteers and survivors of the 2005 hurricane season. Grants, networking, advocating, assistance resources, articles and more. Updated regularly to better assist you.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Operation Rise Website


www.OperationRise.org

I honestly don't remember how I came across this website, but I did. I guess that means I surf too much.

Anyway, it's a great site with so many not-for-profit orgs that there's no way I could single them all out to post here on this blog. I'm amazed at what I have now, so have NO clue what I'd be if I added all of them too.


8/10
Andre just emailed me and stated:
We are currently making some improvements to the Operation Rise website. After these are made, we are going to re-promote it to nonprofits on the Coast and to more funders.

I will put an update on as soon as he lets me know all of the updates are complete. I think it will be an incredible site, once these are done. It's good now, but it'll be interesting to see what the updates bring.

Text from their website:

Welcome to Operation R.I.S.E. (Rebuilding Infrastructure in Service Entities), an initiative created by the Mississippi Center for Nonprofits to gather resources and information in order to help organize efficient, effective recovery efforts following the devastation by Hurricane Katrina.
This website serves as a clearinghouse of information and resources for those affected by the hurricane and those wishing to help the recovery effort. At
www.operationrise.org, nonprofit organizations can tell their stories and categorize their needs in assessment surveys, letting the public know what they need to rebuild and survive. Individuals and funding organizations can search for appropriate recipients for funding and can list themselves as sources of financial assistance.

The following link will take you to the region Hancock County is in. Sorry I can't narrow it further.
http://www.operationrise.org/index.php?option=com_rise&task=region®ion=7

If you'd rather search by type of organization you wish to help, use this link:
http://www.operationrise.org/index.php?option=com_rise&task=category

It's a very informative site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home