Katrina Networking

I am using my networking and marketing skills to pass along vital information to organizations, volunteers and survivors of the 2005 hurricane season. Grants, networking, advocating, assistance resources, articles and more. Updated regularly to better assist you.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Single Parent Grandfamily Resources

Grandparents Raising Their Grandchildren
GrandFamily Information From AARP
3/14/07 GrandFamily Public Benefits
Raising Your Grandchildren
3/25 Finding a Job As a Grandparent

All Single Parents
Single Mothers Org - I'm not sure what this might have to offer
Single Moms Org - Very generic Information
Childcare Info Online - good resources here
2/2 - another good resource for Child Care Assistance - all states - 800-616-2242

Forwarded from Project Katrina:
Child Support Enforcement Hotline…………….(877) 696-6775
For single moms due support, the US Department of Health and Human Services will send them a free handbook complete with excellent advice and all their local contact numbers for help.
Child-Care Subsidy Hotline………………………(800) 424-2246
When daycare costs are too high, there is help. The National Association of Child Care Resources is a federally funded agency. They provide helpful information about assistance in your client’s local area. They will help your caller find all options for child care payment assistance program.

Rental Assistance
If you were HUD, Section 8, etc., you're qualified for 18 months of 100% rental assistance.
HUD Rental Assistance
You can also appeal for more assistance from FEMA
Will FEMA provide additional rental assistance beyond the initial assistance period if I still cannot return to my home?
Rental assistance can be provided for a period of up to 18 months while you are working to accomplish your permanent housing plan. To make an initial request for additional rental assistance, send a letter explaining your continuing need and provide rent receipts or other documents to show you have exhausted your initial rental assistance.

Infant Resources
Growing Families
is a 501(c)3 charity organized to take care of sick and needy babies and their families; and in cases of crisis, to help where help is needed

Newborns In Need

Enfamil Formula Club

Bright Beginning Formula Club

Similac Formula Club

Carnation Formula Club

Free Child Safety Seats
There are hospitals that give out free child safety seats as you leave with your new baby, with no questions asked and no income requirements. Local police and fire departments inspect child safety seats to see that they are in proper order and properly installed, and sometimes provide freeseats to those whose current equipment is not considered safe. Local organizations, like the Easter Seals Society were part of a federal program that gives out millions of dollars worth of free seats because of a settlementthe U.S. Department of Transportation made with General Motors. Other groups will lend you a seat for as little as $5.
To find a program near you, contact your local police or fire department. Or contact your state information operator listed in the Appendix and ask them for your state office for Highway Safety or Traffic Safety. These national organizations may also be able to give you a local source: National SAFEKIDS Campaign, 1301 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Suite 1000, Washington,DC 20004; 202-626-0600
Safe Kids
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation, 400 Seventh St., SW, Washington, DC 20590; 800-424-9393;

Other Resource Pages
Education Assistance Elderly
Emotional Resources
Family Resources
Furniture and More
Grandfamily/Single Parent ResourcesGrants for Individuals - does not include homeowner or repair grants
Home/Utility LA Family Resources
Medical ResourcesMortgage Resources

Labels: , , , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home