Resources IV - Business
Updated in July with new deadline dates.
More tax information on the Family resource page - listed at bottom
Information and Development
3/25 Starting a Business
12/3 Re: Insurance Premium Hikes
Website to Help Entrepreneurs
Recovering Vital Documents
To learn more about the Hurricane fraud unit, or to file a complaint call 1-800-956-1846.
8/21 - MS Fraud Unit
Setting Up Your Website and Web Publishing
Alan has put together an incredible resource for NOLA. The great part is, all of his work can be applied to Hancock County and other areas as well. Please look.
Preparing for Disasters
A compilation of sites with upcoming suggestions from others who have lived it.
Working With The Government 1-888-4USADOC
Website made just for small businesses who wish to get government contracts during the rebuilding process.
Building in a Box
Will possibly work with you in designing a building to fit your needs. Will send it pre-cut for you to assemble.
Possible Grants for Fishermen and Farmers
Farm Aid - FarmHelp@FarmAid.org
MS Extension Service
For timber, farmer and citizen
Farm Assistance Money
A list of counties eligible for this assistance.
Economic Development Disaster Relief Grants
Federal Home Loan Bank/ 800-362-2944
Power of Hope Grant 888-355-8168 or 601-397-2865
Emergency Farm Loans MS - 601-965-4300
State Sponsored Bridge Loans (MS) 800-360-3323
View For Other Small Funding Possibilities
LA Business Assistance Information
· The Louisiana Association of Business and Industry, www.labi.org - to help LA employers hire workers who evacuated to Texas and wish to return home.
Help for Employers
· Businesses looking to hire people dislocated by Hurricane Katrina can call the Louisiana Department of Labor toll-free at (800)481-6762 from 8 AM to 5 PM. Employers should provide company contact information and specifics about the type of employment being offered. Businesses can also visit the Labor Department's Web site at www.laworks.net
· Employers affected by Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita need to contact the unemployment insurance division at the Louisiana Department of Labor if they have changed their addresses or closed their businesses. Employers who cannot comply their quarterly reports based on actual records are asked to file a report based on a reasonable estimation of wages. For help, employers should call (800)408-9762.
· The U.S. Small Business Administration is running a Gulf Coast Business Matchmaking service designed to ensure that small businesses get a share of the hurricane recovery contracts. To register for this service visit www.ccr.gov.
· Jefferson Parish has opened two business recovery centers staffed by representatives from the Small Business Administration, Small Business Developement Centers, certified public accountants, the State Insurance Commission, and more. The center locations are:
Torah Day School 5210 West Esplanade Ave., Metairie - Hours: 9 AM to 5 PM.
JEDCO West Office Marrero Land Office Building 5201 West Bank Expressway, Marrero - Hours: 9 AM to 5 PM.
· Businesses wanting to learn about disaster relief contracts with FEMA can go to www.dhs.gov/openforbusiness
Are You Trying To Rebuild Your Business Back in New Orleans?
If you are trying to rebuild your business in New Orleans, we can help. We provide Small Businesses with Large Business Solutions. From small business loans to tax assistance we provide your business with the tools to move forward.
Incentive programs available to Louisiana businesses and entrepreneurs
Other Resource Pages
Education Assistance Elderly
Furniture and More
Grandfamily/Single Parent ResourcesGrants for Individuals - does not include homeowner or repair grants
Home/Utility LA Family Resources
Medical ResourcesMortgage Resources