Katrina Networking

I am using my networking and marketing skills to pass along vital information to organizations, volunteers and survivors of the 2005 hurricane season. Grants, networking, advocating, assistance resources, articles and more. Updated regularly to better assist you.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Helping Children Cope After A Disaster

Because of the stress on the teachers I speak to, I finally figured out that the kids are having a hard time too - even if just because the teachers are having a hard time, not even taking into consideration what the kids are coping with outside of school.

So here are some links I found that are GREAT for helping families and teachers and kids cope with everything that has happened to them these last 6 months.

http://childadvocate.net/disasterbooklet.pdf
Very great booklet you can DL and print out for yourself. Free.

http://www.preparerespondrecover.com/childrensneeds/
An article on the needs of a child in distress - chronic or acute stress.

I will continue looking, but these are the best for general purposes....
Professional articles are also available, but I know how eyes can glaze over with those!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home