Katrina Networking

I am using my networking and marketing skills to pass along vital information to organizations, volunteers and survivors of the 2005 hurricane season. Grants, networking, advocating, assistance resources, articles and more. Updated regularly to better assist you.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Help For Disabled

I spoke with Pastor Bonnie Ringdahl of City Team ministries today and she has just made a great partnership with a woman who is going to be long term (talking life time) assistance for the disabled in Hancock County.

If you know of anyone who is disabled and in need of assistance, the woman (her name is Leslie too), can be contacted through Bonnie at this time. I have a feeling City Team will be taking the lead on getting the information on these folks and doing the case management with Leslie in the lead for them - and that's why going through Bonnie is necessary.

Bonnie's email is
bringdahl@gmail.com as soon as possible. She'd rather not have people call her since she can compile the information for more easily via email than via phone. If that changes, I'll add her number here.

Also, forward this to any organizations you think could make good use of this information.

In all honesty, finding anyone who is advocating for the disabled down there is not easy. Any national or state organizations who state they work for the disabled are merely sending you to each other without any real help or money or good contacts for help. I've looked. And I'm pissed. LOL

Let me know if you need any other information.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My blind and disabled grandmother is still in a fema trailer after her home picked up and washed down the road. Noone is doing anything for her but the family.. My mom may have a heart attack caring for her everyday in a little Fema trailer on Longfellow in Bay st louis. She also cares for THE HOLDEN FAMILY "all mentally disabled" she needs help for them it's TOO HARD she is 68 years old herself.

07 October, 2007 00:11  
Blogger Leslie said...

BBeck - I'm so sorry you're family is going through such a difficult time.
Please email me and I'll try to help you find the help you need.
KatrinaCoalition @ aol.com
Please also look at the resource pages I have posted in the side bar. There may be something there.
Leslie

07 October, 2007 08:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home