Katrina Networking

I am using my networking and marketing skills to pass along vital information to organizations, volunteers and survivors of the 2005 hurricane season. Grants, networking, advocating, assistance resources, articles and more. Updated regularly to better assist you.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Keep Toasty Coat Drive

Let's have a "Keep Toasty" drive.
This event will be the result of multiple drives to collect coats, hats , pajamas, socks, blankets, other outerwear---anything that can keep a person warm and toasty.
After Christmas will be a good time to start publicizing this because people will be getting rid of old stuff and there will be sales on new outerwear.
I think the best places to distribute would be to the FEMA parks near Moss Point and some in NOLA. Apparently a couple parks already have programs in place so we'll limit our distribution to 2 in Louisiana. I am getting the numbers and addresses for the parks in NOLA.
We need to start thinking about this now. A harsh, more cold winter ispredicted for the Gulf and there will definitely be a need. We can also have the people distributing serving hot chocolate, coffee and donuts while handing out the items. I am going to get in touch with some radio stations to see if they can have a collection drive to help get the numbers of items up.
Please get back to me with any suggestions or ideas but I think the framework is in place. I have someone working on a flyer for us.
Lynne Onufer
Program Director
www.katrinasangels.org

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home